Since President Barack Obama first took office:
- The U.S. trade deficit has shrunk by 24 percent; exports have grown faster than imports.
- The number of immigrants in the U.S. illegally has gone down — by 3.4 percent according to one independent estimate and by 9 percent according to another.
- The economy has added 9.7 million jobs.
- The unemployment rate has dropped below the historical norm.
- The buying power of the average worker’s weekly paycheck is up 4.2 percent.
- Corporate profits are running 144 percent higher and stock prices have soared.
- Federal debt has more than doubled, and annual deficits, after shrinking, are again on the rise.
- The number of people lacking health insurance has gone down by nearly 15 million.
Read the full report on Obama’s 2016 numbers here: Obama’s Numbers April 2016 Update